Speed up Slip List in Timeslips
For many firms, viewing slips seems to take forever! Here is a simple process that works. It’s called “closing slips”. Here is what closing slips will do for you:
- Slips that are older (over 2 years old) and already billed, do not need to show up in the slip list
- Slips that are older (over 2 years old) and already billed need to be included in reports and History Bills **
- Only actual active slips will appear in the slip list
- Closed slips will be accessible in reports and History Bills **
** When running reports, you will need to include slips in the “CLOSED” classification in addition to “OPEN” slips.
Here is how to close slips:
- Make sure nobody else is in Timeslips
- Back up the Timeslips database (file … backup)
- Click the top menu SLIPS … CLOSE SLIPS
- In the following screen, change the number of months (I recommend 24 months)
- Click OK
- The close slips may take several hours to complete so please … HAVE PATIENCE!!
For a link to this and other posts, please check out our website: www.tsrconsult.com/support